We provide a comprehensive set of Project Management services to organize, oversee, facilitate, and verify the implementation of a broadband network. This involves many critical, intensive steps which are taken to build out and operationalize the network. More specifically, the resources we provide lead the step-by-step processes involved, as summarized below:
- Field Engineering: We will drive out, inspect, and design the proposed fiber routes. The exact fiber placement coordinates will be identified, along with the fiber counts, splice, hut, and pedestal locations.
- Construction Documents: As the result of the field engineering, will draft the specific CAD construction drawings to be used by the selected construction company for the build out of the network.
- Permitting: We will notify the permitting agency of the project, coordinate the permit application process and related filings, and support through to successfully obtaining the construction permits necessary for the build out of the network.
- Material Purchase Requirements: We will write the requirements for all materials needed for building the network, including (but not limited to) “passive” components such as fiber optic cabling, conduit, splitters, splice trays, lashes, risers, anchors, hand holes, etc.; and “active” components such as telecommunications equipment. Collectively, this will formulate a complete Bill of Materials for ordering the necessary network elements. Furthermore, we can oversee the procurement of the defined materials.
- Construction RFP: We review the proposed broadband network design, verify approach and timelines, and draft an RFP to solicit bids from qualified construction companies capable of meeting the project requirements. We support inquiries during the bid process, collect the RFP responses, review, recommend, and assist in selecting the construction company for the network build out.
- Construction Management: Once the construction company has been selected, we provide project oversight, coordination of subcontractor agreements, design verification, construction inspection, inventory management, project scheduling, and timeline tracking. Furthermore, we establish an overall project budget and monitor the expenditures to ensure optimal use of funding.
- Systems Installation: We complete the installation and verification of the technology systems and telecommunication equipment needed to activate the broadband network.
- Operations Setup: We operationalize the broadband network by either a) creating a Network Operations Center (NOC) from existing resources, including the installation of the selected tools and drafting of operational processes and policies; or b) establishing a third-party operator responsible for the ongoing management of the broadband network, whichever is most appropriate.
- Interconnection: We order and coordinate the telecommunication services from a carrier, as chosen by the broadband network owner, facilitate the cross connect to the broadband network at the proposed POP location, and interconnect/activate the services.
Continue Reading - Marketing & Training